From: Iain McCoy [mailto:iainmccoy optushome com au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 10:20 AM
To: Norbert Haefke Freudenberg de
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Access information of an optionsmenu

Norbert Haefke Freudenberg de wrote:

Hi

Question about the option menu:

I need to figure out wich option was choosen from the user.
I dont wont to use callbacks for this.

Is there any function (or way) to get information
from the optionmenu which option is currently displayed.

Thanks for help

Norbert

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but from the docs at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkoptionmenu.html#GTK-OPTION-MEN
U-GET-HISTORY,
there is a function (gtk_option_menu_get_history) that "Retrieves the
index of the currently selected menu item. The menu items are numbered
from top to bottom, starting with 0." This sounds like exactly what is
required.

Iain