Color Select

Hello,
        I have a piece of code that uses the GtkColorSelection widget, and
it is doing some odd things. I think it is the actual widget, but I jsut
wanted to check and see if others have had the same experience and/or if
there are any work arounds for it.

        My app is a simple little paint program. When it opens, it opens a
little tool palate which allows the user to select a brush and a color.
The color can be specified with three spinners (RGB). I also have a button
that opens up another window with the color selection widget in it. I use
gtk_color_selection_set_color() to set the color of the color selection to
match my current system color when it starts up. This work fine.

        However, my first problem is with the behavior of the color
selector. Why doesn't the wheel colors darken with the bar next to it? I
fired up gimp, which uses this same color selector and noticed that that
one had the same problem, so I assume there isn't a work around for
this...

        My second problem is not as obvious, however. When I open the
selector, I disable the spinners. However, I still want to be able to
"pick up" colors with the mouse. I tried to reset the open selector with
the same gtk_color_selection_set_color(), but now it just turns black, no
matter what color I've picked. Why would this work before I show it and
not after? Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly
appreciated...

-Christopher
cpa ece cmu edu