Re: Multiple Windows.

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:43:18 -0500 (CDT), Christopher Jackson said:

   Hello. I am developing a rather complex program that requires
 multiple windows called from the main application.

When you mean called, do you mean having multiple processes,
ie the child applications are in a separate binaries or fork()ed?

I have combed the
 documentation for a clue but could not find anything that addressed
 more than one window.

I would imagine that you just call the example in main() multiple
times. You only need to call gtk_init() once but if you want
say, 4 windows, repeat the widget building code for the helloworld
windows and its widgets 4 times.

For example the main app opens then the user
 needs to add information to a database so another window is summoned to
 take all relevant information. Can someone drop me a hint of the best
 way to approach this. Thank you. :)

Is this happening in one application or multiple applications sharing
one database?  Note that GTK and databasing are not related topics,
it would be simpler to approach this problem by just trying to
get GTK+ to create more windows.

I've worked in many complex apps that have multiple instances of its
self with resource sharing in one process, I can tell you from
experiance that this is a chinch with GTK+. But first I'd like to
make sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish (GTK+ wise).
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/