Re: help needed for create pixmap with 8 bit depth

Kalvin <kalvin binary com hk> writes:
Currently I am trying to create a pixmap with 8 bit color depth as
following:
result_pixmap = gdk_pixmap_new(widget->window, WIDTH, HEIGHT, 8) but
when I compile it, an error msg follow up "integer out of range".

Your display probably doesn't support 8-bit. You can only use depths
that exist for the display. To find out what those are, get all the
visuals for the display (gdk_list_visuals() or something) then look at
visual->depth for each visual.

And I
also wish to output the result as pixbuf. is it possible for me to use
the function gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable to commit this task??

Yes.

Havoc