From: "Jochen Schaeuble" <psionic psionic de>
To: "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>
Cc: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: multithreaded redrawing

Hi!
  I have another problem with multithreading. I have an IO function
  that reads the stdout of a program using pipes and dumps it into
  a GtkText. This thread is started inside a Gtk+ callback function. If
  I'm right during the execution of the callback function the
  gdk_threads are already locked. Therefore my application hangs if I
  try to lock it again. My problem is that I now get an error message:
  Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2398)!

  What am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance
  jochen