Re: Getting a list of available fonts?

"M Razhov" <mrazhov mail ru> writes:

Is it possible to get a list of available fonts?  If I call
gdk_font_load() with -*-...*, I get one concrete (GDK_FONT_FONT)
font, with the name all stars.

IIRC in GTK 1.2 you have to use Xlib for this. Have a look at the
GtkFontSelection source code. Pango simplifies this a lot in the
future.

BTW, you probably want to use gdk_fontset_load(), which will get a
font appropriate for the current locale; gdk_font_load() will choose
an essentially random encoding, unless you hardcode an encoding in the
font name, but if you hardcode the encoding obviously the program
won't work in other locales.

Havoc