Re: Set style of button, using custom color sets

But the button doesn't appear in the color set I want.
Also in general I was wondering how to use my own colors to
display all kinds of widgets. Does anyone know an example
program in which this is done?

Is this what you want?
Carlos

-------set button color (background) -------
GtkWidget *button;
GdkColor color;
GtkStyle *style;

color.pixel = 0;
color.red = 65535;
color.green = 65535;
color.blue = 0;
style = gtk_style_copy (gtk_widget_get_style (button));
style->bg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] = color;
style->bg[GTK_STATE_ACTIVE] = color;
style->bg[GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT] = color;
style->bg[GTK_STATE_SELECTED] = color;
style->bg[GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE] = color;
gtk_widget_set_style (button, style);

gtk_style_unref (style);
------------------------

-------set label color (foreground) -------
GtkWidget *button;
GtkWidget *label;
GdkColor  color;
GtkStyle  *style;

label = GTK_BIN (button)->child;
gdk_color_parse ("red", &color);
style = gtk_style_copy (gtk_widget_get_style (label));
style->fg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] = color;
style->fg[GTK_STATE_ACTIVE] = color;
style->fg[GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT] = color;
style->fg[GTK_STATE_SELECTED] = color;
style->fg[GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE] = color;
gtk_widget_set_style (label, style);

gtk_style_unref (style);