Scrollbars, multikey characters, Cut/paste... Hard prbs...

Hi all,

As we're stuck for sometimes in those problems,
I'd like to konw if someone already had those type of problem or got tricks
to help us, in GTK 1.2 :

1) SCROLLBARS:

When my app begins,
My resize code is executed but my scrollbars doesn't reflect my app until I
move the cursor out of the page or resize the page.

/* this is the resize code */
tmpw = (GtkAdjustment *)gtk_object_get_data (GTK_OBJECT(hscroll),
"Adjustment");
       tmpw->lower = 0;
       tmpw->upper = l;
       tmpw->page_size = width;
       tmpw->page_increment = Xpos-13;
       tmpw->step_increment = 13;
       tmpw->value = Xpos;
       gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET(hscroll));
       gtk_widget_queue_draw (GTK_WIDGET(hscroll));

It is connected with value_changed
Any Idea ?

2) Multikey charachters

When user wanna enter a character like ï, î or é è à
that needs to press two keys one by one, it doesn't work at all :
My app display the circumflexe glyph and then the normal carachter instead of
joining them.
I've done all set_local and so on stuff I can, but it doesn't work...

Any Idea ?

3) Copy, Cut&paste directly in GTK instead of an actual X cut&paste :
I've found this, but doesn't apply much in my architecture app,
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-retrievingtheselection.html and
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-supplyingtheselection.html,
Is There another way to manage it ?

Paul