Re: Color hinting for custom colours in GtkTreeView

Thomas Canty <tommydal optushome com au> writes:

I want to be able to set colors for columns in the GtkTreeView, and have
the color hinting turned on for that color (A.K.A Nautilus list view)

The current tree view should automatically look like the Nautilus list
view, AFAIK. You mean you want a different color per-column?

Unfortunately the only way i can see of doing that with the current API
is to sub-class GtkTreeView and re-write the expose function to allow
this to be done. I don't particularly like this solution :)

(GtkCellRenderer's have no information about the colour hinting so it
can't be done there)

I was wondering if there were any suggestions of a nicer way to
accomplish this with GtkTreeView?

Could conceivably add a PARITY flag to GtkCellRenderer, maybe file a
bugzilla report asking for a solution to this issue.

Havoc