Problem with DrawingArea, Rulers and ViewPort

Good day,

I would like to do a kind of graphical application with a DrawingArea,
rulers and scrollbar. And I'm stuck with the management of the rulers and
the scrollbar together.
What I need is a DrawingArea which is scrollable and the rulers which should
be all the time visible. What I made is a scrollable drawing area and a
"moving ruler" (see picture). I've looked at the Tutorial and other
ressources on Internet but didn't find any answer on how to do a correct
job. I want the ruler to be the size of the DrawingArea and that when I'm
scrolling the drawing and the DrawingArea and the rulers are scrolling so
other hidden part are shown. Like under Gimp.
Any help would be greatly appreciate :-))

Best regards,
---
Jean-Christophe Berthon

Cap Gemini -- Ernst & Young