Re: callbacks

in the initial function:
gtk_object_set_data (GTK_OBJECT (your_widget), "your_label", (gpointer) your_gint);

in the callback:
your_gint = (gint) gtk_object_get_data (GTK_OBJECT (your_widget), "your_label");

Carlos

I think the easiest thing to do is to create a structure which contains all
your user_data, including the gint, and pass a pointer to that structure to
your callback routine.

Hope this helps

Mike