Dialog boxes

Hi,

I am trying to learn GTK by writing a basic application. However, I am having a bit of trouble getting GtkDialog to do what I want :o)

I would like to create a callback function of some sort, that will return a true / false value according to the button in the dialog that is pressed. It would be used, for example, for a question box asking whether a window is to be closed or not.

I can draw the dialog fine, and put the text I want into it etc. However, the notion of callbacks as I understand it is restricting me a little. As I understand it, a button will have a callback function attached to it. However, how do I feedback to the function that created the button (and displays the dialog) which button was pressed (hence altering the return value for that function).

If I am going about this completely the wrong way (which I suspect) please say why and how I should tackle the problem instead. At the moment, I am using gnome_message_box but I do not want to bind myself to the gnome libraries.

Best regards,

Chris