setting the selection in a clist

I asked this a couple of times before so I hope that the third time is a
charm.

I have a clist set to BROWSE selection mode. When I programmatically set the
selection the selection moves but the "focus" item (hollow rectangle) in the
list does not move. Therefore if my user presses one of the cursor movement
keys the selection moves relative to the focus item and not the selected
item.

How can I set the selection and "focus" item in a clist to the same item in
the list. There is no "set focus row" API call. I am using
gtk_clist_select_row to select an item in the clist.

Best Regards,
Norman Black
Stony Brook Software