Re: Adding tooltips to tasklist

Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101 psu edu> writes:
Hi all. I just started to learn gtk and I thought a fun little project
would be to add tooltips to the tasklist applet. I having problems
attaching tooltips to each individual task though. The tasklist defines
one large drawing area and draws the individual tasks with
gtk_paint_box. Is there an easy or standard way to attach the tooltips
to each region in the drawing area? I've searced the archives and the
only hint I found was mention of a hack to draw an invisible event box
on top of a region and attach a tooltip to that. If there is no easy
solution I assume the solution then is to create a drawing area for each
task and attach that to an event box. Does that sound right? Thanks for
any help.

I would suggest simply taking the code from gtktooltips.c and adapting
it to this purpose, rather than using GtkTooltips as-is.

Havoc