Re: GTK+ app using the GNOME help browser?

So do you have a better answer to the question that would be more like
an application developer? I don't. There is no way in GTK to do this.
There is no easy way. The easiest thing to do is to copy the code from
gnome-help.c, so that is what I told him to do.

Now, I could go in gnome-help.c, see what it does myself, and then
tell him what it does, and then he could reimplement gnome-help.c's
functionality from my description; but that would be a) less helpful
than him looking at gnome-help.c himself and b) take me a lot of time.

There probably _should_ be a better solution for me to give, but there
isn't one AFAIK, so I gave the best one I could think of.

Erk, now let's not get off track...

If GNOME's help browser isn't really that easy to implment...

What if I wrote a library to call the appropriate help system?
(So that everyone can benifit) ;)

This library would take a struct containing search parameters, and perhaps
a file name (optional) and then use the most appropriate help system on
the platform? (ie gnome-help, manview, netscape, or some other viewer).

This way the developer does not need to know what help system is on the
machine in question, but just how to interact with the library?

Opinions? :)

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--