Standard dialog builder possible?

I'm obviously not an very experienced C programmer, and have run into
a bit of a problem.  My program needs two types of dialog boxes.  The
first type has just a label containing a message and an ok button,
the second type has also an entry and must return text from that
entry to the appropriate data handler.  I'd like to pass the data
handling function to the standard dialog builder, something like as
shown below.

BuildStdDialog (char* message, function* HandlerFunction)
{
char* mytext;  /* text retrieved from entry, if any */
  if (HandlerFunction!=NULL) HandlerFunction(mytext);
}

Is this possible, and if so, I'd appreciate any hints as to how to
proceed.  Thanks