how to get popup menus to destroy themselves

How do I get popup menus to be destroyped when they're clicked? (At the
moment I'm pretty sure they just get hidden.)

And

When ctree nodes are removed do they free their text or do I have to do
it? Is this the same when labels etc.are destroyed?

These questions are due to me trying to fix memory leaks in my program.
So far all I've sucseded in doing is making it very unstable :) So your
help is greatly appricated.

thanks

rob