Re: gdk_window_set_icon

Aaron Pendergrass <aaron nearest-exit org> writes:
Hey all, I'm trying to puzzle out exactly how gdk_window_set_icon is
used and my understanding seems to be that it works only on windows
that have not been realize by gtk the question is, is there any way
to non-destructively unrealize a window so I can change it's icon in
the middle of the program?

If it doesn't work on already-created windows that's a window manager
issue, the WM isn't monitoring icon changes. By my reading the ICCCM
does not require that the WM monitor this property for changes.

As a workaround, you could set a window as an icon instead of an
image, then you can redraw your window yourself.

Havoc