Pixmap replacement

Hi,

I have the following code that shows a popup window. What I'd like to do
is replace the pixmap in the window using a timeout. My question is
basically how can I call

gtk_container_remove (GTK_CONTAINER(banner_window),
banner_window->pixmap1);

so that I can replace the pixmap. When I try the line above the compiler
complains about pixmap not being in the banner_window widget.

Any ideas?

Thanks

GtkWidget *banner_window;
  GtkWidget *pixmap1;

  banner_window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_POPUP);
  gtk_object_set_data (GTK_OBJECT (banner_window), "banner_window",
banner_window);
  gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (banner_window), _("reload in
progress"));
  gtk_window_set_position (GTK_WINDOW (banner_window),
GTK_WIN_POS_NONE);
  gtk_window_set_policy (GTK_WINDOW (banner_window), FALSE, FALSE,
FALSE);

  pixmap1 = create_pixmap (banner_window, "frame1_small.xpm");
  gtk_widget_ref (pixmap1);
  gtk_object_set_data_full (GTK_OBJECT (banner_window), "pixmap1",
pixmap1,
                            (GtkDestroyNotify) gtk_widget_unref);
  gtk_widget_show (pixmap1);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (banner_window), pixmap1);

  return banner_window;

--
Marco Quezada
Aerospaceo Engineero