RE: gtk_window_set_title() not always working properly

Owen,

Thanks for showing an interest in helping me solve this problem.  I
appreciate any help you can give me.  I noticed that gtk_window_set_title()
will exit without an error code if !GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED.  In response to
this discovery, I added gtk_widget_realize() prior to the
gtk_window_set_title() call and still get "No Name" window titles.  In
addition to this, I also added a second call to gtk_window_set_title() which
I place after gtk_widget_realize() and add 2 gtktext widgets, 6 buttons, a
scrollbar and gtk_widget_show() the window.  I expect that this should be
plenty of time for the widget to be realized.  Again I get the same results.
I've statically compiled the app with the exception of ld, which had to be
dynamic, and copied the executable to the systems in question as well as
others.  And again it's only the same two systems that are giving me any
trouble.  I'm stumped.  Any ideas?

Havoc,

From the mailing list archives last August, you've mentioned that this is
somehow controlled by the window manager.  The two systems in question fail
to display the proper window titles programmed regardless of wheither I'm
using olwm or CDE as my window manager.  Could this be an X11 configuration
problem?  Either way, I'm guessing that this is maybe controlled by an
environmental variable and/or init file.  Could you elaborate on this?  If
not, could you point me to a good source for this kind of information.  I've
been to Sun Microsystem's web site and could not find any information on
this subject.  Any you can give me help would be greatly appreciated.

                                -- Stupid Genius