RE: gtk_window_set_title() not always working properly

Nothing.  It doesn't get listed.

                                -- Stupid Genius

----------
From:         Owen Taylor[SMTP:otaylor redhat com]
Sent:         Thursday, March 15, 2001 6:49 PM
To:   Dugas, Alan
Cc:   gtk-app-devel-list gnome org; gtk-list gnome org; Havoc Pennington
Subject:      Re: gtk_window_set_title() not always working properly

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:

I'm currently running into a problem where on two particular systems my gtk+
application window titles are all being set to "No Name".  I've only seen
this happen on two systems, a large number of systems running either solaris
or sunOS4.1.4 work just fine.  The mailing list archives make a reference to
this being something that is controled by the window manager, in this case
olwm.  Looking up the man page for olwm I found the following reference;

"DefaultTitle (string)
    Specifies the string to be used in the title bar of windows that
have not provided a string in the WM_NAME property.  Default value: No
Name."

Based on this description, it seems to me that gtk_window_set_title() is not
always working properly under olwm.  It appears that it only sometimes sets
WM_NAME properly.  Does anyone know of a patch or workaround for this
feature/bug?  Thanks in advance to those who reply.

What does xprop show for WM_NAME?
                                        Owen