clist mystery no longer a mystery

Hello,

I have found the problem and thought I would pass it along in case someone
does the same thing in the future.

Even though I was only using 2 columns in the clist I had created it with 3
and kept one of them hidden. So in the future if I wanted to use it another
column it would be easy to add. However I was only loaded text into two of
the columns. Apparently if you are using gtk+ 1.2.8 on Linux you can get away
with it, but with gtk+ 1.2.6 under Solaris you will get a nice core file. So
I added one line of code to load a blank string into the hidden column and
all is well.

But the good news is I have also taken your advice and rewrote the routine
with the glib string functions, the code is much nicer now and I shaved about
20 lines of code.

Thanks,
Mike