Re: programming editor

At 23:10 12-03-01 +0100, you wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, some list member(s) wrote:

The lack of X-window in MSWindows is your main
obstackle. Not the different "platforms".

Mount your file-systems so that you can work from
any of the platforms. Note that Windows demands a lokal
user and it is hard to compile and debugg remotly in
Windows. This chould be amended by something like
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/interix/ or
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/

"Different platforms" in my case are not merely
multiple computers on a corporate network running
different OS-es. Theye are different, disconnected,
(mostly not even on the Internet - or at least not 24/7)
- more often than not geographically distant -
computers I use. (I like to travel with my "toolchest"
as it were, and I like to travel light.... Which is  why
monster IDE's  - somebody suggested CodeWarior
- are out of the question).

Anyways, I found Scintilla quite interesting - thanks
for the suggestion. I'll probably have recompile it so it
has a less messy  "install" under Linux (easier to
carry around :).

tk

Anthony K. Transportation Systems - no HTML mail please.