Re: GtkText invisible

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:14:36PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
There are always exceptions and weird cases to everything, but we only
try to handle the cases we can think of and consider reasonable - GTK
would be a disaster otherwise. So before adding a setting for this to
GtkText I'd want to hear at least one probably/reasonable use-case
where the app has a good reason to be inconsistent.

 What about my case?. Perhaps there is other form of doing it, but i don't
 know (ideas, please? :).

 In a program that access to database, there are fields of text. I want to
 make a window with basic data and detail data. Basic data must be
 uneditable until you pulse "edit" button. When you finish and pulse "Ok"
 or "cancel", data is uneditable again. But I need data is always visible,
 because it seems rare that user must to edit for viewing text fields.

 That is the matter. If there is a standar form of doing that, I'd like to
 know, please :)

 Thanks for all.

  David