Re: Unwanted behavior with menu item accelerators

and position the mouse on one of the items in that menu, I have discovered
that by then entering a keystroke (e.g., ctrl-f), I can automagically
define a keyboard accelerator for that menu item!  This is entirely
unwanted.  How can I turn this behavior off?  It seems to be completely
undocumented.

Uhm, why is that unwanted? I have found that this is one of the nicest
and user-friendly features of gtk+; especially because it lets you -- as a
programmer -- easily save the preferences upon exit and read upon start.
This is the most efficient and easy way of configuring the shortcut keys of
an application I have ever seen. I -- as a user -- wish that all gtk+ based
programs behaved like that. In the lab, I have to work with the Macs, and I
always regret that the applications do not have this feature -- it would
make my life much, much easier!

Please, think about it :-)

j., just a user

You are in a maze of interdepending twisty shared libraries, all different.
                                [ Krzysztof Zientara, prfsf-f ]