Mimic GMC-feature question

Hi list,

 I have started GMC from a non-gnome desktop (just Enlightenment)
and I have noticed that GMC menus do not work. I think that's ok, since
GMC cannot "register" to Gnome since it is not present.

But, and that's the point, pressing the ALT key with right mouse button
somewhere on the desktop outputs the GMC menus. I'd like to mimic
this feature (ie. I want my menus to appear when the user ALT+RMB click
on the desktop) but I don't know how to do / where to look at.

I have had a look to gmc sources, but they are too big and confuse (not because
they are not well written, but too much features to "remove" to find what I
am looking for).

Any hint?

Ciao,

  Fabio