Re: Howto make a button pressed callback acting as long as the button state is down ?

Jean-Max Redonnet wrote:

Sorry if this has been covered before.

I have 4 buttons that makes my model rotate in a drawing area
(in a gtkglarea in fact but doesn't matters).

First try :
When I press one of this buttons a single step rotation is
done. Well good job ! but I would like the rotation process
follows as long as the button is pressed.

The problem is I don't know how to make this. I have a single
event (pressed or clicked) thus a single rotation step.

use a gtk_timeout signal as soon as the button is pressed and remove it
when it's released.
have a closer look at the tutorial for details.

Second try :
I've tried to work with GTK_WIDGET_STATE(button) but this not
works.

call gtk_main_iteration() within the while loop.

regards ...
clemens