Re: Iconizing a window, and supplying an icon

Colin Thomas <colin designresources co uk> writes:

My GTk app now has about 10 windows to it.

When I iconize any window, I just get the default icon (I am using
solaris CDE).

Can I supply an icon to be displayed for a window when it is
iconized ? If so how

gdk_window_set_icon() or something along those lines. You'll need to
set the icon on realize and unrealize (connect_after to realize) so
that widget->window exists, etc.

Read the ICCCM section on icons for details of how it should work:
 ftp://ftp.x.org:21/pub/R6.4/xc/doc/hardcopy/ICCCM/icccm.PS.gz

The ICCCM says that pixmap icons must be bitmaps, in practice pretty
much all WM's also support a pixmap in the default screen visual.

GTK 2 has an easier function that operates on GtkWindow and just takes
an image loaded from disk.

Havoc