Re: Conceptual Question on Signal Handling in Subclasses

Havoc Pennington writes:

I would suggest using virtual functions. You can do this in several
ways:
  - just use that C++ feature and build with a C++ compiler
  - just have a variable in your struct:
       void (* do_whatever) (blah blah);
  - use the GtkObject system and derive GtkObjects

Since I'm not using C++, the first option is out.  The second option
is one of the ways I thought of.  But I'm not sure what you mean by
the third option -- I thought that's what I was doing already.  Can
you explain in more detail?

Thanks,

Ian