Re: Gimp(y) Screenshots

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:44:22 -0400, James said:

Hello Gtk Dudes,

 Was wondering if anyone knows why I cannot take a screen shot of my Gtk
 app using The Gimp?  All my application is is a Gtk Window with a
 Gtkglarea component in the center.  The error I get from The Gimp is:
 'Can't open file as XWD file'.  Anyone have any ideas how I CAN get a
 screenshot of my app??

M'kay this sounds similar to a problem I had with a GtkGLArea
widget and not being able to get a screen shot.

The problem seems to be a differing in Visuals with the GtkGLArea
widget and the other widgets.

There are two solutions, try taking a screen short with or without
decorations (GIMP has this option).

Second, is approach this problem the Windows way... to restart X.
This seems to work for me sometimes.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/