Help, problems with the struct...

Hello List

         I write a program which is connected a server. my problem now is that the
structure does not store the values. when I require the values there is nothing
the code is:

the struct is

struct register
   {
   char *user, *clav, *srv;
   } host;

for GtkEntries

   label=gtk_label_new("User");
   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box),label,TRUE,8,0)
   gtk_widget_show(label);

   login=gtk_entry_new();
   gtk_widget_set_usize(login,155,-1);
   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(login),"activate",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(login), login)

   label=gtk_label_new("Passwd");
   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box),label,TRUE,10,0)
   gtk_widget_show(label);

   passwd=gtk_entry_new();
   gtk_widget_set_usize(login,155,-1);
   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(passwd),"activate",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(passwd), passwd)

   label=gtk_label_new("Server");
   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box),label,TRUE,10,0)
   gtk_widget_show(label);

   server=gtk_combo_new();
   gtk_widget_set_usize(170,-1);
   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(GTK_COMBO(server)->entry,"activate",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC,server)
   gtk_combo_disable_activate(GTK_COMBO(server));
   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box),server,TRUE,10,0)

the function for User is

   void login(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
   {
   gchar *tmplog;

   tmplog=gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(widget), 0, -1);
   strcpy(host.user,tmplog);
   g_free(tmplog);
   }

   for Passwd is

   void passwd(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
   {
   gchar *tmppass;

   tmppass=gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(widget), 0, -1);
   strcpy(host.user,tmplog);
   g_free(tmplog);
   }

   for server is

   void server(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
   {
   gchar *tmpsrv;

   tmpsrv=gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(widget), 0, -1);
   strcpy(host.user,tmplog);
   g_free(tmplog);
   }

   when press de button conect call de function call_host

   the function is

   void call_host(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
   {
   ServerConnect();
   }

the function that it makes the connection is

int ServerConnect(void)
   {

           LOGINREC *login_u;      /*this is properly for DB-libraries of Sybase
           DBPROCESS *dbproc1;

           login_u=dblogin();
           DBSETLUSER(login_u,host.user);  /*value that it has host.user
           DBSETLPWD(login_u,host.clav);   /*value that it has host.clav
           DBSETLENCRYPT(login_u,(DBBOOL)1);

           dbproc1=dbopen(login_u,host.srv);  /*value that it has host.srv

           dbcmd(dbproc1,"use master");

           if(dbsqlexec(dbproc1)==FAIL)
                   {
                   printf("Error\n");
                   return -31;
                   }
           else
                   {
                   dbresults(dbproc1);
                   dbnextrow(dbproc1);

I use DBSETLUSER(login_u,&host.user);

but in the structure not this stored nothing, and it is not connected, where is
the problem?

any idea?

THANKS

Obtén tu correo en www.correo.unam.mx