Re: Storing accelerators in a rc file

mk daveg com writes:
I think the relevant function is gtk_item_factory_dump_rc(), but don't
ask me how it all works. ;-) The item factory stuff has never had any
docs.
As its name implies, this seems to require that one uses the "item factory"
to setup the menues. Now what if all my menues are created
"manually" ?

I believe there is some way to use the item factory rc dumper without
using item factory, e.g. the GNOME menu stuff uses it.

a) i guess there must be some way to still access the accelerator
   information, unless there is something magical about the item_factory ?
b) Would it be wiser to use the item factory in any case (and will this
   be the method of choice in gtk-2.x ?)

GTK 2 still recommends the item factory. GTK 2.2 or GTK 3 may have an
additional menu API alongside the item factory, but item factory will
still exist for the forseeable future. So I wouldn't feel bad about
using it, it's generally more convenient than making menus manually,
though it has some aspects that could be better.

Havoc