Re: CLIST

Hello Phillip,

I'm new at this too.  I eventually figured this out.

sel is a GList linked list of the selections made in the Clist. I haven't used a clist as of yet, but I've
done it with a standard GtkList.  The data in the linked list is the actual references to the GtkListItem
widgets that are stored in the clist.  I prefered to write it this way.

GList *selList = NULL; /* its not just a selection but a list of selections */
GtkWidget *list = NULL;
GtkListItem *sel = NULL;

list = lookup_widget( GTK_WIDGET(ref), "name_of_clist" );
selList = GTK_LIST(list)->selection;

if (selList == NULL) return; /*no selection made*/

/*
now if you've enabled multiple selection mode in the clist, the selList will have multiple list items
attached to it.  For the sake of an example, this list is single selection only.  Since a selection has been
made there is only one list item.  GList delcaration and structure is in the glib api documentation.
*/

sel = selList->data;

/*
sel is now the selected GtkListItem widget

do what you want with the item
.
.
.

*/

/* delete the list item from the clist */
gtk_container_remove( GTK_CONTAINER(list), GTK_WIDGET(sel) );
gtk_widget_show_all( GTK_WIDGET(list) );

/* done */

I'm not sure if that's the correct way to remove the list item but it worked for me, everything else I tried
resulted in a segfault.  The GList selection list is an internal list to the Gtk[C]List widget.  When I would
free it I had problems so I don't think your supposed to :P

Hope that helps,

Keith