Re: FileSelector

Capt.,
Appreciate your response.
I'm buy no means a gtk expert (as a matter of fact I'm new
to GTK) but I did go thru the source code and combed thur
lots of docs (and email archives) at;
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtkfileselection.html
this all leads to a chains of widgets
gtkfileselection-> gtkfilesel-> gtkclist->*dir_list & *file_list
I supose there are some flags/modes for one of these
widgets that would probally do the trick. After exhausting
my research, I though, gee, I can't be the only one that wants
to see hidden files with such a common widget, someone
must have figured this out before. Wha la, I'll email the list!
So do you have any suggestions?

Is there anyway to modify the the "FileSelector" widget (or
 corresponding internal widgets) so that it includes "hidden files"?

I recall that topic brought up a while ago, but the answer at the
time was no. :(

Hm... the source to this widget is plain C. There is no problem
whatsoevver to modify it.

GH

I hope things have changed, I noticed that that widget dosen't
show directories that start with a '.' character either.