Re: Backing store?

Luke Scharf <luke vt edu> writes:
Can I use <gdkxx.h> to enable backing store for a drawingarea->window?
If so, how can I do it?

X doesn't have any backing store concept. What do you mean by backing
store? The only way to get this is to use a pixmap manually as in the
"scribble" example in the tutorial.

I'm porting an xlib applet to GTK+/GDK.  The origional xlib code is
simpler and about twice as fast as my double-buffering code, so I
figured I'd give this a try.  :-)

You can easily do anything the Xlib code is doing with gdkx.h, sure.

Havoc