Re: GtkCList Cousin?

Frank Chiulli wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to write an application that needs a widget similar to
GtkCList but different.  I was hoping someone might be able to point me
to one.  Let me explain.

With GtkCList, you (the user) are presented with a list consisting of
rows and columns.  Unfortunately, you can only select a row.  I would
like to have the user to be able to select an individual item.  Of
course, I'll have to be able to tell what item the user selected.  If
anyone is familiar with VB, it's similar to the ListBox control.

I've been looking around the gtk.org site including the Tutorial and
API.  But have not come up with anything that does what I want.

Any suggestions?

i remember a clist widget from helix gnome project that could do many
funky things, maybe you should have a look at their website.

warm regards ...
clemens