Re: gtk, pango...glib?

"Franco Gasperino" <franco total-lunacy org> writes:

  Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask on, but i was reading that gtk 1.4 will have
unicode

support via the pango library. I was curious to know how closely tied gtk and glib

development are, and if there were any plans to have wide character support natively

under glib. I do a lot of development with glib-enabled applications which do not use

gtk, and this topic has surfaced more than once.

The dependency chain is:

GLib
Pango
GTK+

i.e. you can use Pango without GTK. Also, GLib contains the basic
Unicode text handling, it just doesn't have the stuff needed for
Unicode character display.

Havoc