Re: Get text from a textbox GTK+

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:34:36PM -0000, claes cassel wrote:
I cant find any documentation about getting text from a textbox,
if that doesnt work .. what widget should i use .. clist ?
I also want to save the text contained in the textbox to a file.

If you have got the time .. an example would be nice :)

I assume you meat the GtkText widget, functions you want are:
gchar*     gtk_editable_get_chars      (GtkEditable      *editable,
                                        gint              start_pos,
                                        gint              end_pos);
guint      gtk_text_get_length      (GtkText       *text);

so, to get all text out of your text widget use:

text = gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(widget), 0,
                              gtk_text_get_length(GTK_TEXT(widget)));

(text is a newly allocated string)

Please help

//Magnus