RE: gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings() coppies data?

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Marco Quezada wrote:

I think you are right in that there might be a memory leak by just assigning
the pointer to NULL. However in your example I don't quite understand if
variables_list_items is already the GList you need to free why is there the
need to create the second GList listptr?

That is used by my loop to iterate through the list.  It is unnecessary if
the data pointers don't need to be freed.  g_list_next returns a pointer
to the next element of the linked list, and I need a temporary place to
store it (modifying variables_list_items would mean g_list_free didn't
work, AFAIK).

Jonathan