Re: g_list_append() knows how to duplicate data?

   I was just told that g_list_append() takes the second argument and
duplicates it before setting it to the list.

Is this true?

No.

If so how does it know what size the given data is?

It couldn't possibly, as you might expect.

   Also I was told that g_list_free() deallocates each data pointer on
each linked item on the glist, is that true and if so does it know if it
should be deallocated or not or if it has allocated substructures?

Same deal. Someone is smoking some crackpipe. Ask them to share. ;-)

As I suspected.

Thanks for yer reply, I'll forward this e-mail to them.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--