gedit doesn't support XIM

 Hello all.

I have compile gtk+1.2.8 myself, and I use the gtktest program to test the lib.
in the text test I can input Chinese and English very well.

I compiled gedit 0.94, and run gedit in GNOME, that says gtk cann't create input
context, and I cann't  activate my XIM server. But when I run gedit in kde, I can input
Chinse, but when I input English, there are always errors, Its display neither Chinese
nor English. the version 0.92 has same problem.

And I found some other gnome/gtk application has the problem also.
How can I solve the problems.

Any help are appreciate.

younker dreamscope net