Re: Size of widget

Livio Baldini Soares <livio linux ime usp br> writes:
 I suggested that GTK made a gtk_window_get_size, but Paul gave
various reasons fot not having the `gtk_window_get_size'.... (check
the gtk-list archives). But personally I think GTK should have this,
hence it's a very basic function (in my opinion), and most developers
would like to have something like this ready in GTK... but that's just
me :-)

gtk_window_get_size() would just return GTK_WIDGET
(window)->allocation.width and GTK_WIDGET (window)->allocation.height.

As I said, inside a draw/expose_event or size_allocate callback is
pretty much the only time you want this information.

Havoc