Re: Size of widget

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Also. Anyone know of a containerwidget that wraps the children kindof
like a wordprocessor does with the words? Like icons in gmc but it
should be any widgets.

On the gtk/gnome CVS server (see 'getting GNOME' on www.gnome.org),
the file beast/beast-gtk/glewidgets.h and beast/beast-gtk/glewidgets.c
contain a GtkWrapBox that might be useful. It isn't quite like gmc
though.

We're considering adding this widget to GTK, but I'm kind of wondering
what it's good for - would you mind briefly explaining what your app
would use it for?

I can see if such widget is hard to do because the children may by
resizable and one big mess to decide if they should be on the next row
or not.

What I'm trying to do is an ACDSee-like application (for those of you
that haven't seen ACDSee it's a picture viewer with thumbnail browsing).
I need to have a container that stacks the thumbnails (will be fixed
size) much like icons. When the window is reduced in size the rightmost
thumbnails should wrap around to the next row.

Something that would be nice is to be able to add weight to the widgets.
I used to work with the Amiga and they have a nice GUI-engine called MUI
(Magic User Interface). GTK have much similarity with MUI. When adding
gadgets (as widgets are called on the Amiga) you can set a weight on it.
When MUI is allocating space for the gadgets those with more weight get
more space. A nice feature I think.

/ Fredrik
--
Mail: fredrik rambris com    Home: http://fredrik.rambris.com
GnuPG fingerprint: 8484 93D4 FE08 F9B0 36AB  4B56 DA69 3D07 A5EB 7DAD