Re: Simple GdkFont and GtkStyle question

    learfox> It wasn't NULL, I double checked that.

    learfox> I recompiled my code just to double check and it *appears* for
    learfox> the time being that it's not producing the error anymore.

It is odd that working with pixmaps, I encountered much the same situation.
Until I recompiled from scratch, I would get core dumps trying to unref a
pixmap, despite no apparent memory corruption (at least none that Purify
reported).  It would crash even if I manually referenced the pixmap when it
was first created.

Well at the time being I'm assuming I modified one of my own program's
structure's in a header file and didn't recompile all .c files that were
#including that header file.

Though the problem only triggered when I tried to unref.

I think the problem (your pixmap problem and my program) came about with
coding mistakes unrelated but some how unref'ing is deeply rooted in glib
(which the errors appeared from).

At first I thought it was a structure change I had made but did not
remember, but just commenting out the unref line eliminated the crash,
and Purify didn't report any problems.

Since I couldn't repeat it after the recompile, I abandoned the
problem search.  I'm plunging back into pixmap creation again soon and
will be on the lookout for clues.

Okay, and I'll post again if this problem comes back, so far it hasn't
appeared at all today with gdk_font_unref() just after a gtk_style_copy().

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--