Re: gtk_widget_set_style() not working on GtkText

                    gtk_widget_set_style(w, cur_style);
                    gtk_widget_ensure_style(w);

Why are you calling ensure_style()? That may be the problem, though
looking at the code I don't think it should be. In any case it's not
doing anything.

I was getting desparate. ;P

I don't know the problem exactly, but you should be using
gtk_widget_modify_style() instead of gtk_widget_set_style() anyhow, so
doing that is the simplest solution.

I found the problem, the GtkText uses its own GdkColormap, then I used its
own colormap plus emitting a "style_set" signal to the GtkText and that
got it working! :)

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--