Popup-Menu and Acclerators

I'm using Glade, libglade and a popup menu which works great when shown
via gtk_menu_popup() on a button press event etc.

But I'd like to have keyboard accelerators in that popup menu, too.
How do I make them work without using a normal menubar? Is there a way
to automatically get the correspdondig AccelGroup generated by
Glade/libglade? And to which widget would I connect it if there's no
menu?

Or is an popup menu with accelerators an uncommon practice and shouldn't
be done at all?

TIA
jojo

--