draw at end of "resize" user interaction

Hi  all, here is  a newbie (to GTK+) question:

I am looking for an elegant way to implement the
redrawing of a window only AFTER the user, resiznig
the window, has released the mouse button.

(under windoze (where the code I'm porting is coming
from) this is commonly achieved by activating a
"re-draw flag" in WM_EXITSIZEMOVE callback message).

Not in faq, nothing in this list's archive...
thank you in advance, Tony K.