RE: GTK Serial I/O Questions

Once you figure out the port, you just call gtk_editable_get_chars()
to get text from the widget, and gtk_text_insert() or something like
that to put it in - see the reference docs or header file.
To know when there's data on the port, register an input callback with
g_io_add_watch().
   Is there any advantages of (gtk_editable_get_chars(), g_io_add_watch()
and so on)
  before standart socket's API (I mean connect/bind/lsiten...)?

 [ g_io_add_wath is sellect() or poll() and so on.. why I should use GTK
warppers?]

  _____

Dmitry Ponomaryov