Re: gtkrc

Chitra Tovinkere <ctovink yahoo com> writes:

Hi,

I'm trying to get rid of the border that appears around
a gtk_entry box. Its described in the gtkrc as:

style "button_style"
font = "-adobe ....

engine "pixmap"
{
       image
       {
              function = FLAT_BOX
              recolorable = FALSE
              state = FALSE
              file = button.png
              border = {0,0,0,0:
border = {0, 0, 0, 0} does not make the border disappear. Neither does specifing
the background colour. I would appreciate help on this problem.

thanks.

You can't change geometry parameters with the theming in GTK+-1.2 - the
best you can do is make the border the same as the background color
for your theme.

[ For the pixmap theme engine, the "border" declaration says how
  much of the imagine should remain unscaled at the borders. The
  remainder will be scaled as big as the entry. ]

Regards,
                                        Owen