Re: How to get GC of pixbuf?

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe larwe com> writes:
However I need to copy a rectangle from one pixbuf to another, and to
do that I need to create a GC for the target pixbuf. How do I do this?
It should be possible, since a pixbuf is a drawable. But gc_new gives
me an incompatible pointer warning.

gdk_pixbuf_copy_area() definitely doesn't take a GC.

To copy a pixbuf to a drawable (pixmap/window), create the GC using
the pixmap/window, not the pixbuf.

GC is a server-side object; pixbuf is client-side; GC controls how
server-side drawing operations are done. Ergo GC's have nothing to do
with pixbufs, only with server-side drawables.

Havoc